We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
If you are using our site, we will assume that you have read our terms carefully and that you accept all practices as described in our privacy policies and terms and conditions.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Our website is not a substitute for professional, legal or financial advice. We accept no responsibility for loss or misuse of information, howsoever caused, arising from reliance upon any of the information contained of this site.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and site visit history);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including all personal contact, order and delivery information);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including Full Names and Contact Email);
- any other information that you choose to send to us; and
- other information.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on this website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security; and any other relevant uses. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to the use of our website; and any other relevant uses.
Our advertisers and payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Our advertising services providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- other uses.
Do not submit personal information that is not solely yours to distribute nor submit any person’s personal information without prior permission. We will not be held liable for any such information.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) PCI compliant servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us on our payment pages will be encrypted using SSL technology, which ensures your online transactions are performed securely.
You can verify that you are in secure mode from the URL at the top of your browser: https:// – the “s” means “secure” and that the server is encrypting all data over the connection. You may also see a padlock icon which also validates the current webpage is secure.
SSL Certification may not necessarily apply to the whole website.
We do not have access to or store any sensitive debit/credit card information. All our card transactions are handled securely by RBS World Pay. For your security, your payment details are passed directly from your bank to our bank’s merchant service provider – World Pay. We reserve the right not to be held liable for any loss or misuse of sensitive or personal information by RBS World Pay or any other third party vendors that accept and/or store your information that has been entered through the use of our website. By using this site, you accept the possible risks of loss and misuse of personal and sensitive data including fraudulent transactions that may occur. You enter and submit your personal and sensitive data on this website at your own risk.
Your personal information is contained on secure servers and is only accessible by authorized personnel who have rights to such systems.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. We assume that the information we hold is current and up-to-date.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Southern Motor Group Ltd
The full name of our company is Southern Motor Group Ltd
Head Office: 22 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, CR2 0BD